Medical Audiology Services is a contracted service provider with the Office of Hearing Services. All you have to do is apply for a hearing services voucher. Our staff will be happy to assist you with this application or you can call the Office of Hearing Services on 1800 500 726
How to Access Free or Assisted Services?
The Australian Department of Health and Aging offers eligible persons with hearing loss free or subsidized hearing aids and rehabilitation services.
How do you know if you are eligible?
You are eligible for the program if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older and you are:
– a Pensioner Concession Card Holder
– receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
– the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions
– the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
– a dependent of a person in one of the above categories
– a member of the Australian Defence Force
– part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) – Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager.
You are eligible to receive hearing services through the Community Service Obligations (CSO) component of the program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you are:
– younger than 26 years
– an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander who is over 50 years
– an Indigenous participant in the Remote Jobs and Community Program
– a former Indigenous participant in a Community Development Employment Projects Program, who received hearing services before 30 June 2013.
In addition, National Disability Insurance Scheme participants may access hearing services through the program if referred for services by their Disability Care Australia Planner.
This information is general advice only. For further information or to apply for the program please visit the Office of Hearing Services website or contact the Office of Hearing Services:
How to apply for a Hearing Services Voucher
If you are eligible to apply for the Australian Government Hearing Services Program (the program) you can apply by:
– visiting or phoning Medical Audiology Services
– downloading the paper application form at www.health.gov.au/hear
– emailing your name and address to email@example.com and an application form can be emailed or posted to you
– calling 1800 500 726 and an application form can be emailed or posted to you.
Further information is available on the Office of Hearing Services website.