MAS Audiologists maintain their professional development to the highest standard. We have a research commitment that compliments’ our clinical work. Our audiologists travel the world presenting their latest research in areas pertaining to Cochlear Implants and Tinnitus Management.
As a consequence our patients & medical practitioners have access to the most current management for hearing impairment and related issues.
Following publications include: –
International Journal Article – Referee
(11) Távora-Vieira, D. & Rajan, G.P. (submitted). Fine Structure Processing Strategies in cochlear implant: A comparison study with patients with unilateral deafness. CI International.
(10) Vaerenberg, B., Smits, C., De Ceulaer, G.… Távora-Vieira, D., Mancini, P., Cullington, H., Ng, A.H.C., Walkowiak, A., Shapiro, W. H., Govaerts, P. (2014). Cochlear Implant Programming: A Global Survey on the State of the Art. The Scientific World Journal http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/501738
(09) Távora-Vieira, D., Boisvert, I., McMahon, C.M., Maric, V., Rajan, G.P. (2013). Successful outcomes of cochlear implantation in long-term unilateral deafness: brain plasticity? Neuroreport 24(13): 724-9.
(08) Távora-Vieira, D., & Miller, S. (2013). Herpes Simplex meningo-encephalitis following cochlear implantation – a case study. Cochlear Implant Int. Sept 14.
(07) Marino, R., Távora-Vieira, D. Rajan, G. (2013). Tinnitus and Quality of Life After Round Window Vibroplasty. Int Tinnitus Journal.
(06) Távora-Vieira, D., Marino, R., Krishnaswamy, Kuthubutheen, J., Rajan, G. (2013). Cochlear implantation for Unilateral Deafness with and without Tinnitus: A Case Series. The Laryngoscope, 123(5): 1251-1255.
(05) Távora-Vieira, D. & Rodrigues, S. (2013) The use of Nucleus CI422 in a ski-slope high frequency hearing loss and chronic external ear pathology – a case report. Cochlear Implant International.
(04) Távora-Vieira, D. & Miller, S. (2012) Misdiagnosis of otosclerosis in a patient with enlarged vestibular aqueduct syndrome: a case report. Journal of Medical Case Reports, 6: 178.
(03) McNeill, C., Távora-Vieira, D., Alnafjan, F., Searchfield, G., & Welch, D. (2012) Tinnitus pitch, masking, and the effectiveness of hearing aids for tinnitus therapy. Int J Audiology, 51(12): 914-9.
(02) Távora-Vieira, D., Eikelboom, R.H., Ivey, G.E. & Miller, S. (2011) A Multi-centre Study on the Long-term Benefits of Tinnitus Management using Neuromonics Tinnitus Treatment. Int Tinnitus Journal, 16(2): 111-117.
(01) Távora-Vieira, D., Eikelboom, R.H & Miller, S. (2011) Neuromonics Tinnitus Treatment in Patients with Significant Levels of Hearing Loss – an adaptation of the protocol. Int J Audiology, 50(12): 881-886.