BALANCE & DIZZINESS
Your sense of balance is controlled through signals to the brain sent from your ears, eyes and muscles. You may experience imbalance, dizziness or vertigo if one or more of these systems is not functioning optimally.
Medical Audiology Services has the most advanced diagnostic equipment available, specifically designed to detect a range of balance disorders. Our specialist Audiologists work with you and your doctor to determine the cause of your condition, and best treatment options.
Our balance tests may involve
- Hearing testing
- Caloric testing
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential (VEMP) testing
- Video Head Impulse Test
- Monitoring of eye movements
- Positional balance testing
If you have been referred to Medical Audiology Services for a balance test please read the following carefully:
- Please discontinue the following medication 48 hours before your appointment
- Dizziness medication
- Sleeping pills
- Please do not consume alcohol 24 hours prior to testing
- Remove all eye makeup before the test